With extensive experience and diversity in the practice of complex litigation, corporate, and employment law issues, our attorneys provide clients with the care, accuracy and dedication expected of seasoned litigators.
- federal and state litigation including per diem appearance and litigation support including depositions and motion practice
- complex commercial mediation and arbitration services both through Court panels and privately
- intellectual property litigation focusing on federal litigation protection against bit torrent infringement and other enforcement of IP rights
- negotiate business contracts and agreement
- labor law standard and compliance and labor law litigation and agency hearings and audits
- alternative dispute resolution, mediation and arbitration services for commercial and litigation disputes
Mediation allows the parties to build and tailor resolutions to their business, community and personal disputes, something the courts are simply not empowered to do. Many people, small businesses and large corporations seek mediation not out of weakness but based upon the understanding that the litigation process can take a long time and be draining financially, emotionally and often divert the attention of the litigates and their staffs away from conducting business and pursuing future minded activities. Long drawn out battles in the courtrooms often leaves all the parties feeling unsatisfied. When searching for an experienced mediator to resolve your legal issues, it is important to find an attorney that listens to both sides, and uses skill and experience to facilitate an efficient and lasting resolution.
Cases mediated by The James Firm include employment discrimination and wrongful discharge; wage and hours disputes; copyright and trade secret disputes, personnel injury, contract disputes, insurance and reinsurance claims, partnership dissolutions, land lord tenant disputes, lease agreements, commercial disputes, service agreements, contractor disputes, construction work completion disputes, personal property disputes and work place injuries. Mediation can is also very effective in allowing family members to craft resolutions concerning child custody and visitation, divorce and elderly care and estate disputes.
Jackie James regularly mediates disputes in Federal Court, in New York City and Westchester as a Commercial Panel mediator and throughout New York, as a private mediator and as a court appointed mediator and as a community volunteer. She brings over twenty eight years of litigation experience, extensive court sponsored mediation training and continuing educational training. Ms. James is dedicated to facilitating resolutions that are lasting and are honored by the parties and when applicable endorsed by the courts. In practice almost all litigation is settled eventually and early case evaluation and mediation often reduces expenses and avoids protracted conflict. She has acted as a mediator in hundreds of matters.
- Appointed Southern District of New York Federal Court Mediation Panel
- Appointed New York State Unified Court System Mediator Commercial Panel in NYC and Westchester and as an Arbitrator
- Mediation Apprentice for Westchester and Rockland Mediation Centers of Cluster
- Court Appointed Arbitrator New York, City of White Plains
Consulting Legal Services for Attorneys & Small Law Firms
The James Law Firm PLLC also specializes in providing consulting services to law firms. We are known as the lawyer's lawyers. We are available to provide long and short term support including court appearances, depositions, motion practice, appeals, all discovery needs and preparing transactional and closing documents. Our services allow your law firm to partner with an experienced litigator with over twenty eight years of experience in litigating and trying complex cases on a long or short term basis. Our services are also available on a per diem basis. Our expertise allows us to deliver high quality legal work product in an efficient cost effective manner.
Only members of the firm will appear on behalf of you and your client. We provide professional reliable and effective representation and prompt reporting.
Services available from James & Associates include:
- Appearances in State and Federal Court for preliminary, scheduling and status conferences and motion practice
- Preparing motions, briefs and conducting oral arguments
- Representation at hearings and other court appearances
- Conducting mediations and representing clients in mediations
- Taking and defending factual and expert depositions
- Trial preparation and trial work
The James Law Firm PLLC helps clients organize and structure their businesses in order to avoid unnecessary liabilities, including unnecessary contractual and employment issues. We are dedicated to helping business owners build, grow and protect their companies with sound legal guidance. Our goal is to support each client with legal solutions that best fit the specific path to their company's ongoing success. Our approach is simple: keep clients informed, educated and protected in every business step.
At The James Law Firm PLLC we can help you through every critical phase in the development of your business. This includes selecting the type of organizational entity that best suits your operation, whether it’s a corporation, partnership, limited liability company (LLC), or sole proprietorship. Over the years, our commercial attorneys have helped businesses throughout the New York City and Westchester County area, large and small, successfully negotiate the countless laws, ordinances, and transactions necessary to establish a company, and to protect and help it grow.
We also provide advice and litigation services on labor law and labor department hearings and audits, agency representation and state and federal litigation.
A Dedicated Law Practice Focused on Your Goals Concentrated in:
- Federal lawsuits on behalf of content creators and copyright owners
- Trademark and copyright disputes
- Licensing and co-existing agreements
- Federal lawsuits against Bittorrent copyright infringement
Labor Law Compliance and Employer Defense
- Representing employers and employees in law suits, agency hearings, arbitration and in agency audits
- Labor Law compliance and proactive client counseling in developing labor law compliant handbooks and procedures
- Personal injury
- Workers Compensation Board Representation
- Premises Liability
- Work Place Injury
- Serious Accidents
- Other Injuries to Business and Self
- Social Security Benefits
- Traffic Offenses
- Non-Felony Criminal Charges
- Restraining Orders
- Compliance with Court Requirements
Estate and Family Law Matters
- Divorce Mediation
- Wills, Power of Attorney, Living Wills, and Health Care Proxy Documents
Additional Legal Matters
- Creditor Debtor Disputes
- Small Claims
- Real Estate Closings
- Wrongful Termination and Loss of Benefits
Convenient, Effective Legal Service
The James Law Firm PLLC maintains a broad practice to help clients with all legal issues they may face. We understand legal issues can interfere with more central personnel and business obligations and we always make our clients’ goals and interests the number one objective.